As Small Business Owners, we often drift day to day just trying to make it. We have no real belief system about ourselves or our businesses that drive what we do. The Bible say in Proverbs 23:7 “As a man thinketh so is he.” So I dare to ask, what thoughts do you allow to fill your mind every day? What beliefs do you hold to? And how do they govern your behavior? Seldom if ever do we think about, evaluate, and change (when necessary) these things.
Hence is the purpose of this article. To get you thinking and to help you hone in on and prayerfully adopt the beliefs and mindset of the Proverbs 31 Women as it pertains to being a Christian Entrepreneur.
I have identified 13 of her beliefs and referenced the verse in Proverbs 31 in which the appear so that you can research and meditate on them during your daily BREATHE Time.
- Belief #1: It is important to bring good to those I love and who love me, this is why I am such a diligent and purposeful businesswoman. (v.11)
- Belief #2: Only valuable materials are worth working with. (v.13)
- Belief #3: Getting up early and planning my day and the day of those who help me is essential to my success. (v.15)
- Belief #4: I am capable of creating and managing multiple streams of income within the same industry. (v. 13, 19, 22, 24)
- Belief #5: I have the ability to inspect opportunities and properly reinvest my income in order to increase my wealth. (v.16)
- Belief #6: My time is valuable so I only spend it on profitable deals and activities. (v.18)
- Belief #7: Volunteering my time to the poor and underserved is important. (v.20)
- Belief #8: I must look my best at all times. Therefore, I only wear the best clothes that will bring me honor and recognition. (v. 22)
- Belief #9: The company I keep is an extension of me. Therefore, they must be well respected; a leader in their own right; and compassionate about social issues. (v.23)
- Belief #10: Because of my profitable business ventures, I do not have to fret about the future. I have provided for my family. Even if we go through cold desolate times both physically and/or financially we will be fine because I have prepared us. (v.21, 25)
- Belief #11: It is essential that I carefully consider my words and only speak with gentle wisdom and kindness. (v.26)
- Belief #12: It is necessary for me to be aware of all the affairs of my household and to never be lazy so I don’t have to suffer the lack and poverty it brings. (v.27)
- Belief #13: My work ethics and my fear in God allows me to surpass the highest standards set for me and I surpass even the greatest most highly esteemed women. (v.29,31)
That’s it, 13 beliefs, 13 things to internalize and let change the way you think about yourself and your business. As a Small Business Owner, in order to make an impact on this world and to run a profitable company you have to stop thinking small business and start thinking corporate enterprise.
Your first step in the process is to plan your daily, weekly, and monthly marketing activities and campaign well in advance.
If you need help creating and/or executing your 2016 Action Plan, I encourage you to request a FREE 1-hour planning session with me today.
So that you can grow your business... Like a BOSS
Sending you positive vibes and the love of Christ! We’ll chat soon.
Founder of BCN