Sometimes as Entrepreneurs our day to day activity can vary so drastically that we look up and its Friday and we have no recollection of where the week has gone. Nor do we have anything to show for the 40. 60. even 80 hour week we just spent trying to build our businesses.
But I have found that these 7 Biblical Principles when applied daily (typically the first part of your day) can really help you begin to focus, experience growth, and ease the stress and concern that comes with running a business.
1. Acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the owner of your business: 1 Chronicles 29:11-14 When we begin our day acknowledging that it is Christ who owns our business and that everything we have and will have has come from him, then we start our day with a spirit of praise and thanksgiving. The cares and task that are associated with running a business are handled with ease knowing that the Lord of all owns it (your business) and the resources needed to make it successful.
2. Operate in a way that positions your business as a ministry of the Lord and recognize that you are His stuart over it: Ephesians 4:12 6:7,9 It's important to realize what ministry is in the first place, it is the service we provide so that we can build up the church. With that in mind every day we are to run our businesses in a way that draws people closer to Christ. We can do this simply by offering high quality of customer service and treating those we work with with dignity and integrity.
3. Set aside the first part of your day time to get to know your boss Jesus: Ephesians 3:15-21 When we make the effort to get to know who Jesus is we put ourselves in a position where God can empower us with his strength through his Spirit. We will begin to trust Christ more causing him to make his home in our hearts. We will be kept strong because we are rooted in Christ's love. We will be able to experience God's love causing us to be made complete with all fullness of life and power that comes from God. Then through us God will be able to accomplish infinitely more than we could ever ask for, think of, or imagine.
4. Study your Bible Ephesians 6:10-17 Being a steward over one of God's ministries takes great faith and power. Especially because we are doing our part to build God's kingdom. Therefore, we must be able to stand firm against the strategies of the devil. Because it is not people who will come against us and try to derail us; it's evil workers and authorities of the unseen world. Unless we are studying daily to know truth, our hearts will not be protected by God's righteousness. We will wander around with no peace. There will be no faith to stop the doubt, fear, and other fiery arrows he (the devil) will throw at us to try and stop our progress. Our minds will be unprotected without salvation. And we will be unable to defeat the devil by speaking the Word of God to our situations as Jesus did when He was tempted in the wilderness.
5. Pray Ephesians 6:18; John 15:7-8 Prayer is how we communicate with our Boss Jesus. And we are to do so at all times; in every situation; and for every occasion. And we are to do it with persistence and by staying alert. We are to pray for all believers and the cool thing is when we acknowledge that Christ is the owner of our businesses; operate in a way that positions our business as a ministry of God; set aside time to get to know Him; and study His word daily aka remain in Him. Then we can ask anything we want and it will be given to us. That's because we will produce much fruit and prove to the world that we are Christ's disciples therefore bringing great glory to our Father.
6. Involve Jesus in every aspect of your business John 15:4-6 If success in business and in life is what we are going for, than remaining in Christ and allowing Him to be involved in every aspect of our lives will cause us to bear much fruit. The alternative is eventually our businesses and lives will wither and die because apart from Him we cannot do anything.
7. Make it a habit to give both financially and with your product or service Malachi 3:6-Luke 6:38 Matthew 25 34 39 you will have overflow and this life and inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world
Be sure to leave a comment, tell us what you think, and let us know what Biblical Principles you apply daily.
Written By: Your BOSS Exec Tamara Diahann;
Founder of the BOSS Christian Network